top of page




Lead and PFAS/PFOS, can be found in drinking water all across North America. Lead poisoning is proven to cause developmental and a myriad of other health issues, particularly in children. PFAS/PFOS (often called “forever chemicals”) are believed to cause cancer, even when present in very trace amounts.  These substances represent a very real health threat and should be removed from drinking water, particularly when any state and federal Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCL’s) are exceeded. Put simply, the Pioneer is the best product on the market when it comes to removal of lead, and PFAS/PFOS.

The chemicals Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), also known as C8, and Peruorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS) are bio-permanent, are resistant to direct oxidation, and do not break down naturally in the environment or the human body. Studies suggest that exposure to the chemicals may lead to cancer. PIONEER™ successfully removes these chemicals and is installed where the water line enters your home, business or restaurant. This system has been tested and third-party certified as required in the NSF/ANSI P473 standard for PFOA/PFOS, along with NSF/ANSI 53 standard for the reduction of lead and cyst.


PIONEER is the First of its Kind Whole-House Lead, Cyst & PFOA/PFOS Removal System.

Pioneer System Features
  • Certification to NSF Standard 53 for reduction of Lead, PFAS, PFOS, and Cysts

  • Also removes chlorine and chloramine

  • Handles up to 8+ GPM per unit

  • Easy-to-replace filter cartridge lasts 1-2 years and is landfill safe

  • Integral electronic meter and indicator lets you know when filter replacement is required



We are not knocking Chlorines important.  Its done a great job of disinfecting our water on its journey to your home but Chlorine was not meant to drink, ingest, bath in, or breath. Chlorine creates a carcinogenic by-product.

When we shower, swim, or drink…it also kills good bacteria in our bodies. It’s been used as a weapon in war. Chlorine is a known pulmonary irritant to our lungs. It’s been linked to colon and rectal cancer. Over time it will destroy the epidermal layer of our skin and age us. It will even turn blonde hair green. It is a pretty powerful chemical and when used to disinfect our water, it’s known to mix with other contaminants and form other toxic compounds that can cause cancer. 

The right carbon and  the right amount of carbon is a great way to filter from water.   Things stick to carbon, therefor, contact time between water and carbon is important.   There are many factors that affect the adsorption process.  One of them is that all Carbon’s are made from a variety of different substances.  Some carbon is made from coal others from wood chips others from pecan shells other coconut shells etc. etc. etc.  All offer different performance abilities.  Another is the amount of carbon, water temperature, flow rate, volume of contaminant etc.  Most all harmful contaminants that a good carbon filter will address are tasteless, odorless and colorless.   As a rule, the cheaper and smaller the carbon filter the less benefit you get…


Our Whole house and even our drinking water adsorption system provides excellent protection from a wide variety of contaminants, plus color, taste, odor.   They are very inexpensive to own, service, and will provide you with much more than just good tasting water.



If you have it, boy you’ll know it… it smells like rotten eggs and can get so bad that it will drive you out of your home. Even a small amount is putrid. It’s common for the smell to occur at just one faucet or just from the hot water side. Your water looks clear, but boy does it smell. If allowed to oxidize your water will be black or you’ll see occasional black specs or a grey/black color to your water. If you have this gas, when we cut your pipes to install your Hydrogen Sulfide gas system, you’ll usually find a nice black oily film coating the inside of your pipes.


H2S gas is flammable, toxic and corrosive. If you wash silver ware in will be ruined. In my opinion, if for nothing else but the objectionable smell, its nothing to fool around with and should be corrected.

H2S gas is colorless and usually as it builds you start to see dark grey to black residue. Filters like in the photo above will turn black. That black is a oily sticky residue that collects inside pipes and water heating apparatus and just build and builds. Ironically it does not accumulate much at all in places you can see, for example toilet bowls, because once exposed to air its released into the air. Hence the terrible smell.


There are several ways to eliminate H2S gas. We can offer the right way to solve your H2S gas problem and since its usually accompanied by Iron and Manganese we can solve those too with the same unit.  We always try to use natural non-toxic filtration solutions and avoid systems that rely upon injecting chemicals into the water like chlorine or potassium permanganate etc.


Eighteen million Americans live in communities where the water systems are in violation of the law. Moreover, the federal agency in charge of making sure those systems are safe not only knows the issues exist, but it’s done very little to stop them, according to a new report and information provided to CNN by multiple sources and water experts. “The Drinking Water Action level for lead in water is set at 15 parts per billion (ppb), but in 1994 the FDA set the maximum amount of lead allowed in bottled water at 5 ppb.” The American Academy of Pediatrics states that there are no effective medical treatments for lead poisoning and that prevention of 
exposure is needed. Children with lead poisoning can have learning and behavior problems, hyper activity, slow growth, and hearing loss.  Symptoms like tiredness, head and stomach aches, and low iron deciencies are often mistaken for other illnesses. The only way to find lead poisoning is through a blood test.

bottom of page